Monday, October 27, 2008

The beginning

Well...as promised(to one person) I now am the happy owner of a blog. I figure that I will post more then one blog tonight so in this one I want to give you a little background on my life up to this point. I'm getting older...I am starting to get to the age where I hate that question..how old are you Steve?? I was born in California..therefore I like water, warmth..but not heat, and blonde girls. Don't worry, I have dated brunettes too, I wouldn't want to discriminate on them as they tend to be a little less laid back then me. I'm digging myself in a ditch here...moving on. I think I'm not as shy as I once was considering that when I was 12 every time I saw Julie Bradshaw I would nearly faint before I would talk to her. My Dad tells me that he was the same way when he was younger, which didn't give me any comfort at all. I moved to Colorado at age 14 which was the hardest thing to do for me considering I'd be moving to a place where I didn't know anyone. The shyness didn't wear off until about a year ago, so meeting new friends was hard, until I started hanging out with kids from church. I spent most of high school...and life..trying to get girlfriends, which looking back was such a waste considering I don't talk to anyone from high school. Anyways...moving on. I served a mission for a month before complications arose where I needed to go home. It was nothing to do with being worthy, just lack of sleep and personal time. I'm frustrated with how long this is already. Long story short, I had 3 girls cheat on me in a row...each time was worse then the first and the first one involved my girlfriend and my roommate, so you can imagine if that was the least life altering out of the 3 what the others were. So...that started the pathway to self destruction I guess. After 5 years of doing very little with my life, I moved out to Utah(this has nothing to do with the people that I met during this part of my life, many of whom are still my best friends). I moved away to start my life over, and that's exactly what I did. Well..skipping over about a year, I met someone special. We were married just like good Provo Mormon kids...in the temple, in love, and without fully knowing one another. After a short marriage, I find myself single again, and I couldn't be happier. beginning

No comments: